Hmm... interesting day. Finally filled out and sent in my application for graduation (ALRIGHT!) which doesn't matter because it won't be until May. Registered for class(es), depending on if I want to audit one or not...
So, this is for my faithful readers. My final project (I THINK) will be a collegiate memoir which I was already penning to begin with. Using it as a final will motivate me to work on it violently. (Megs, you understand). I was hoping I could just post a bit of what I have on here and see what happens? Maybe the intro or something? I'd just hate to post it up and no one say anything (shit).
That said, try to gimme something to believe this is a worthwhile venture. I'd hate to write something that only me and my wife will read. Blah.
The frenzy that led up to college was maddening. It was the longest summer ever. My best friend and I already knew we would be roommates at Campbell. Neither one of us wanted to do a room lottery and be stuck living with a stranger with weird habits and tics. To us, rooming together was the only option viable. We’d known each other for four years already, another four years would be easy.
We tortured ourselves during the first part of the summer. We’d call and all we could think of was the daily countdown. How many months, weeks, days before we’d leave? The summer was endless. We would never make it out of Sampson County. It was like watching with a bad guy that simply would not die.
After work I used to go up to the country club where Andy worked. We’d fantasize and plan our collegiate escapades. He would run for class president. We’d make the Dean’s List. We’d party on the weekends. We’d get all the girls. He would major in Criminal Justice while I was undecided. Our dorm room would be a rave room. Club Room.
The summer of 2000 was full of teasers and enticing letters. Every envelope, letter, or package that came to my mother’s house with the Campbell emblem on it was frantically shredded open.
I was ready, I was stoked, I was psyched, excited, enthused, manic, and desperate to move out of the house and into a dorm room where I would set the rules, come in when I wanted, study when I wanted, watch what I wanted and do ANYTHING that I wanted.
Monday, November 12, 2007
Day...Eleven
Labels:
college,
final project,
the things they packed
near or around
2:51 PM
2 comments:
I've always been interested in this project of yours--you started it a while back. How much have you done?
I think using it for your final is a good idea, especially if it motivates you to finish it.
You've been tagged! Please see my blog for directions.
Post a Comment