sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 9-I Hate Shopping

This is beginning to sound like a miserable journey isn't it? George Romero said in an interview that the reason the zombies migrate towards the mall in "Dawn of the Dead" is because it functions as a unconscious sanctuary; they don't know why they're drawn there--they just are. I say that because I went shopping today.

I HATE SHOPPING.

It's not that I hate getting stuff, or buying stuff or having cool stuff at my house. I hate people that are out shopping. I saw a 13 year old girl screaming at her mother 'YOU SAID WE'D GO BACK THERE!' in the middle of the mall. Why? The mother was probably paying for it all and the ungrateful little shit should be glad of getting anything. I saw a group of middle school aged girls roaming the mall, lookin like the Slut Squad or the Tramp Team in full force.

I saw families sitting in the food court together at a table and if there were four people at the table then at least 3 of them were on the cell phones. I overheard people yelling at each other things that I can't repeat here.

I HATE SHOPPING. It brings out the worst in people. I saw a lady berate a young saleslady because she didn't agree with the sales sign.
"IS THIS WHAT YOU CALL 'ON SALE'?" Poor girl. She's only making 7.25 an hour and she has to deal with grandma on steroids?

And if one more inconsiderate driver cut me off... It's ridiculous. Turn signals, stop signs, following the roadsigns, just all the little things that make driving safe and fun for everyone DOESN'T GET DONE BY THESE MORONS. Megs, I know you know what I'm talking about.

*sigh* Finally back home. My wonderful wife has made homemade soup and we're hanging out on a cool Saturday nite.

Til Next Time...

-it is what it is-

No comments: