sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Monday, November 19, 2007

day... this one

I LOVE MOVIES. I'm a movie junkie--i love 'em. love 'em love 'em love 'em. If it's a horror movie, even better. But I like movies for different reasons. I REALLY like movies that want to teach or show something. I'm writing a paper for class about a handful of movies that EVERYONE SHOULD SEE. Cool Hand Luke, In the Name of the Father, My name is Ivan, The Lives of Others, Grapes of Wrath, The Tin Drum, Hotel Rwanda, and a few more.

This is what I wrote in my paper and I felt it was worth sharing.

The movies are not just actors playing roles from a script designed to make money. The movies are trying to tell a story, to make a change, and hopefully to make people think about their own lives and what they could possibly do to make their own lives better and perhaps their surrounding world. A mirrored version of reality has been filmed in creating the story of the movie. There are profits being made from war conflict zones, governments are impeding upon the rights of its citizens, false heroes are leading the children of society, and worst of all, no one even notices the red flags and obvious signs that are being given. Instead of merely absorbing the words and images that are being shown an individual should take it with them, digest it, and hopefully begin to see the hypocrisy and deception that lies around them. Art imitates life while life imitates art.

-it is what it is-

1 comment:

Unknown said...

if you like thrillers/horrors - go see the mist, even if you've read the novella. i LOVED it and it was WAYYYYY scary.