sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

day 28-refund

I want a refund. Yes, my money back, my time back, my sanity back, and the energy I've spent. I want it back.

What grieves me so greatly that I would demand such a thing?

CLASS.

Any other exchange of goods or services presents the understanding that a service or good is paid for upon completion or satisfaction of services performed. Why shouldn't university classes be conducted in the same way? After all, we all know it's about the money, not education.
(Don't lie to yourself in some purist scholarly way and suggest it's about sharing the knowledge or being among other intellectual individuals. It's always about the fucking money).

I haven't learned anything that I paid to learn, so where my money?

I have been thorougly disappointed and aggravated and generally displeased with the teaching that I've received so technically I feel as if I should get my money back.

(I just googled 'refund for class' and apparently no one has tried this or at least nothing came back with that phrase. Would it work?)

Learning is important to me, hence the reason I'm in grad school. But when I don't learn I feel as if I have simply be the victim of an elaborate scam coated under the umbrella of education.

"Fuck you. Pay me".

-it is what it is-

No comments: