sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

-that song-

'm riding around, cruising, giving no thought to much of anything, and an old faded song comes on the radio. The song immediately removes me from the setting I'm in and places me in a place far and away. This particular moment it was Iconz "Get Crunked Up" which was a terrible song in retrospect yet the number of times I heard it during my freshman year of college cannot possibly be counted.

Why is that? What is it about a certain song that manages to take us back to a place that we remember?

At times it seems that nothing will ever recreate or recapture those same feelings or emotions. Puppy love always manages to insist on having "our song" which is usually some Top 40 song that is ubiquitously played into a cliche.

I love finding old CDs or tapes and playing them again. Especially ones that I've forgotten about. There's always an ancient musical gem taht manages to strum the strings of a forgotten memory. Stupid songs that if played for someone else would never convey the same amount of emotions or memories that rush back like white water rapids unleashed with the potency of venom.

S P L A C K E V E L L I E... splackavellie........

or.....

I'm sorry Ms. Jackson........

So hunt through those old college tapes or CDs. See what memories arise to the surface.

-it is what it is-

No comments: