Finally had an open house,party, get together last nite. If you missed it, Amy and I are probably going to do it again next month. Wild times, I tell you.
I told everybody to come on over anytime around 7:00 or so, figured that was a middle of the road time to start. Not too late, not too early.
I was all wound up, excited...this would be the most people we'd had over since we got married. We needed everything to be fun, perfect, wanted people to have a good time and possibly come back. (Insert smiley here).
7:00 rolls around....... not a soul. I was bummed out. Here I'd worked to make sure things were good to go and not a soul was here to appreciate. I'd vacuumed, swept, done dishes, rearranged furniture... the works. Zero party goers.
Come 8:00...mad cats are rolling into my apartment. Michelle and Chris from the coolest paint store in town (C&S Paint!), Andy and his wife... and some friends from school.
Amy's cupcakes were the bomb, Michelle brought wine, and we had a ball.
Here's the kicker. (It's your fault Michelle!) Everybody left at the same time. You know how parties usually just wind down and there's at least someone still hanging on? Not last nite.
However, did have a second wave of people come thru. (Thanx Lauren!)
All in all........ a great nite.
-it is what it is-
No comments:
Post a Comment