Sunday night, super nasty weather unless you're a duck. There's something about those nasty and rainy nights that tend to appeal to me. I love it. I love walking outside and watching the rain fall down. I'll take the night over the day anytime....but the rain certainly makes it a bit more soothing. It's like a mental massage that works out all the neurotic knots.
I tend to be more contemplative then. It's a certain level of complacency and calmness that falls on me. Suddenly the blinding glare of troubles takes a backseat to the gentle caress of a soothing rain and a melancholy moonbeam.
Which could explain why I loath sleeping so much. The night tends to disguise many of the insiginificant troubles that one often focuses on during the day. The dishes, the bills, the rent, the homework...whatever it might be.
However, once the sunlight fades and the heat falls off.....it's night time.
To wind this thing out I thought I'd share a poem from my book. I assume I can do that. It's my book, my poem.
Enjoy.
-one of those nites-
velvet blackness broken by pin point lights
attempted emotions wrote as my hand writes
gentle contentment encompasses a frail frame
amazing… nothing and everything now the same
triumph and tragedy weigh equal in the dark
concealed revealed in matters of one’s heart
whether weather maintains same level of right
matters not to one who greets fleeting of light
breezes moving mental mountains with ease
nites like these puts the troubled soul at peace
passionate problems tremble and flee from site
breath a perfect breathe… one of those nites
-it is what it is-
Sunday, December 3, 2006
...one of those nights....
near or around
4:14 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment