sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

-modern day-

I've realized something here lately. The role of a poet or writer is greatly ignored. My friends cant' believe I actually read books. They would rather watch TV or rot their brains some other form or fashion. Be that as it may I must still insist on the role of the poet/writer.

In a frenzy of inspiration I penned a verse....

-modern day-

With a vision never mentioned on career day
He journeys on a path…on a forgotten way.
Seeing sights blindly he refuses to be swayed
And enters in an arena where legends have played.

Fighting former foes, demons now lie defeated
At the feet of this warrior with unrecognized genius.
Passion like pain and a love for the artistic act
He fights the dying tide and refuses to look back.

Midnite eyes and blistered breaths lead him on.
His days begin with the night…and end at dawn.
Is it easier to be forgotten…or immortal in verse?
The paradox is haunting and nightly I must curse.

Slowly, now slowly, the truth bleeds thru black
Verses written in red…and Jesus didn’t say that.

-jps-

......comments, questions?

-it is what it is-

No comments: