Fascinating isn't it? Self-absorption..... It's the mode that so many people seem to be absolved in these days. It's the reason the people are incessantly on the cell phone, why people are rude, and why manners are nonexistent.
My wonderful wife Amy has been sick. How many people have actually cared? Fewer than the appropriate number.
I hate to blast on people but this really bothers me.
Amy and I try so hard to be the friends that people need to have. Friends are people you can count on religiously. They are always there regardless.
However, our friends don't always return the favor. Our friends seem to be absolved of all external obligation that doesn't directly involve them.
Could it hurt to call and see how she's doing? Come by? Drop a card? Anything?
It's when times are rough that friends are really needed. It seems that's when they are the hard to find.
-it is what it is-
-joshua-
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
....friends...
near or around
6:39 PM
1 comment:
Joshua, you wished for comments and the spammers found you.
It is rare to find a friend who will treat you as well as you treat him/her. When I find one (like Michelle) I hold on for dear life.
Post a Comment