I'm increasingly surprised at just how old I feel sometimes. I'll be 25 in March, not that old. However, I feel greatly removed from friends who are just a few years younger than me; friends that are still in school, or just work acquaintances. The world just seems different.
Shows on TV, songs on the radio, mass entertainment in general. Is it me... or has the world moved on? Did I get left behind? Am I just an old soul, a relic of a time that used to be?
With instant gratification, sensationalist societies, and total access and things outdated instantly is it possible to live a lifetime in an instant?
Are we dead the moment we are born? So often I feel like everything is foreign..as if I no longer connect.
At times I feel connected; I have a Rzr phone, I have a laptop and a PC; I know who the latest pop stars are yet... almost simultaneously I don't care.
I miss the old days. When the world wasn't so fast paced, days were longer, sunsets blazed brighter, and winds actually cooled the sweat on your skin.
Where are the lost summers, the forgotten vacations, the lackadaisic days of yore?
The more we move forward, it seems, the more we fall behind.
"Speaking words of wisdom...let it be".
-it is what it is-
No comments:
Post a Comment