Finally realized just how much I miss the college scene. I'm a grad student now but the feeling just isn't the same.
I miss knowing I could count on people. People would answer when you called and would ride for you regardless of the reason.
Friends were anyone you knew by name. And for the most part they were honest people. There's always a shylock in the midst but most of the people were honest; a few jerks, but honest.
And the collegiate scene meant that even though you might be out partying at least you were partying with semi-intellects or scholars.
Honestly, as long as you can hold on to the fine balance between too much and a good education, more power to you.
I managed to make it through college in four years and looking back there's nothing I would do differently.
CU Alumni 2004...
-it is what it is-
Monday, January 15, 2007
memories
near or around
6:47 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment