I've been reading Hunter Thompson and I confess, I love his writing style.
Just get mad and twisted and type.
I'm wrapping up my final papers for the semester and I am currently faced with the daunting task of picking my thesis.
It's going to get Weird and Violent.
The past looms Huge and Monstrous. There is no way the escapades that I was involved in could have happened to me.
That is a Vicious Lie someone is telling.
Yet, the memories persist. Are they demons? Bad dreams? Hallucinations?
No. There are other People who remember them also.
My only concern is that these fucking words will come back to haunt me. Will I be a different person when it is all over?
Yes, no, maybe. It's a black beast that can only be tamed by letting it loose and then caging it in immortality on paper. Yes, that is the Only Way To Go
Who will read these words? The panel. A group of professors who will attempt to glean some type of educational value from these Words but the Joke is On Them.
There is nothing to be learned--at least nothing that four years of pure madness can't teach someone.
The way I see it--those four years at college are more pivotal than Anything. It is when boys Become Men and women Become Whores--but not always. That is a Blatant Rumor, Yes.
It is certainly when life come to a X-Road. Choose your path.
Choose your liquor.
It's going to be one of those nites.
-it is what it is-
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
thesis time
Labels:
hunter s. thompson,
thesis
near or around
7:03 AM
1 comment:
Just popping in to say hello and good luck!
Post a Comment