Wow... Christmas has turned into a Monster of a Holiday. There's 123987 people to visit, cards to send, parties to attend... and MILLIONS of presents to buy.
The worst part is looking for that Special Present that will make the recepient remember you out of all the others they receive.
Spent the day with the boys (Michael and Nathan) and ate dinner with the grandparents. Michael, in an uncharacteristic mood, pulled out the Bible and attempted to analyze the Song of Solomon. If you've never read it, it's akin to Biblical literotica (almost).
How fair and how pleasant art thou, O love, for delights!
This thy stature is like to a palm tree, and thy breasts to clusters of grapes.
I said, I will go up to the palm tree, I will take hold of the boughs thereof: now also thy breasts shall be as clusters of the vine, and the smell of thy nose like apples;
And the roof of thy mouth like the best wine for my beloved, that goeth down sweetly, causing the lips of those that are asleep to speak.
I am my beloved's, and his desire is toward me.
Song of Solomon 7:6-10.
Needless to say, it was a wild evening. Gotta love family.
-it is what it is-
Monday, December 24, 2007
Christmas Eve
Labels:
christmas,
family,
song of solomon
near or around
6:20 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment