sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Friday, October 19, 2007

if we all sucked at our jobs as bad as some suck at theirs

then we'd all be outta work.

Hrm. Not the catchiest blog title I've ever come up with. But i think it gets the point across.
(I hate capitalizing when I'm bloggin' because to me blogging is a very casual, free flowing, thought dumping arena where formalities and courtesies and dramatic emphasis on rigid structures are unnecessary)

Back to the matter at hand. I work hard. I'm sure anyone reading this works hard too. For those that are stay at home moms i know you have your hands full and God bless you because 'mother' is another word for God on the mouths of children and I know it's not easy. Yes, I talk like this.

Why is it when we go places, gas station, fast food, retail stores, anywhere that isn't home or a friends place, that the employees there act like we are doing them an inservice by coming in to shop? IF WE DIDN'T SHOP YOU WOULDN'T GET PAID.

Am I right?

Or have the old-fashioned values instilled in me simply made me raise my expectations too high? The lackadaisical attitudes, the jaded looks, the bitter caustic conversation carried on with other employees while I stand there and pretend I'm not listening, all of this crap grates on the essence of my work ethic like so many nails on a chalk board.

Get at me.

-it is what it is-

No comments: