sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Monday, April 9, 2007

-america-

Wow... where to start at...? Had a bit on my mind here lately.... and the state of affairs really grates my last frigging nerve.

Enter the pilgrims, a group who rose up against the tyranny of England and left and started their own country. Enter the rebels of the revolutionary war; enter the rebels of the US civil war; enter the confederate states of America. WE ARE NOT A NATION OF COWARDS.

We have never let someone define us or control us. For in reason, all government without the consent of the governed is the very definition of slavery. ~Jonathan Swift, The Drapier's Letter Need I say more?

This entire country does not want the military to be in Iraq, yet we're in Iraq. WHY AREN'T WE MARCHING ON WASHINGTON D.C.? In the 60's we had sit-ins and entire college campuses rose up against the Viet Nam War. Nowadays college students are more concerned with the location of their cell phone. GET A GRIP. I want a change and I don't want to wait til I'm almost dying to see it happen.

Where the anger in America? The rage? The initial resistance?

If a militia rose up against the government I'd be there. To hell with 'em. They aren't concerned with me, the meager little paint maker in Wilmington, NC.

AND TAXES CAN GO TO HELL. If the people in congress want to make a difference then they should cut their salaries. They're supposed to be for the people by the people so they should be paid LIKE THE PEOPLE. Cut them down to about 30 grand a year and suddenly taxes are a real bitch.

'people should NOT be afraid of their government.
the GOVERNMENT should be afraid of their people'.

And I want to see the CIA or FBI at my door.
Then I can get someone to seriously kiss my ass.

-it is what it is-

-joshua-

No comments: