sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Saturday, February 24, 2007

hmm

Sometimes random thoughts will trickle across my mind like raindrops roll down hazed over and dull classroom windows where bored schoolchildren watch and wish for excitement to enter and save them as Superman saved Lois Lane.

But that wasn't my point.

When does genius become genius? When I say genius, I mean mere mundane words become accolades of brilliance such as when Milton wrote 'Tis better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven?'? How long was it before someone said "HOLY COW" this is brilliant?

Sometimes I feel like that. I'm not so arrogant as to say my work is on the same level as Milton's; I'm merely wishing for someone to say 'Hey, this guy's work is worth reading'. That's all.

In addition to the above... I had the strangest realization and it may be the inner rumblings of a new poem.....

When you're in the shower you can tell the difference between sweat and hot water?

Just a thought.

-it is what it is-

-joshua-

No comments: