(As a prelude I got a new skateboard about 3 weeks ago. 3 days after I got it I rolled my ankle and have barely rode it since. And last nite about 9:30 this excitement all began).
Wow... it sounded like a great idea for a not too chilly Sunday afternoon. "Hey Josh, come with us downtown; we're gonna bomb the parking deck".
'Bombing the parking deck' is a fantastically bad idea. If you are running short on bad ideas then there ya go buddy.
It works like this. 'Bombing' involves attempting to take a nasty hill and ride it like someone drops in on a wave. One huge difference though: waves are much more forgiving than concrete parking decks.
On the first run I barely made it 20 feet without jumping off my board. It felt as if I was cruising at about 98 mile an hour and beginners are not designed to do that.
2nd floor I started about half way down and made it to the plateau without DYING.
Finally managed to make it down one floor.
So by now I'm feeling cocky. WOO WOO! The echoes are bouncing off the parking deck walls.
........and it ends badly.
Decided to 'carve' a little bit on the concrete and couldn't make the turn at the end of the hill.
Ate it big time.
....and just when my knee was almost healed from rolling my ankle......
-it is what it is-
-joshua-
Sunday, February 18, 2007
-bombing downtown-
near or around
5:23 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment