Just finished watching Apocalypse Now. What a fantastic movie. In an attempt to write something a bit more intriguing than "I made paint today" I will offer this brief insight into my humble thoughts.
Apocalypse Now shows how badly things can go astray. We are fighting a war for some kind of reason or another and the people that are dictating the war cannot even comprehend the situation that the troops are in every day.
"Someday this war's gonna end. That'd be just fine with the boys on the boat. They weren't looking for anything more than a way home. Trouble is, I'd been back there, and I knew that it just didn't exist anymore".
We can't criticize the war because WE are not fighting the war.
Yet... the war may be teaching us something. Are we losing? Are we defeatable?
Could it be possible that the greatest country in the world is not infallible?
We claim to be patriotic yet we can't support our president?
In "V for Vendetta" the 'Voice of London' makes mention that the US falls because of 'ungodliness'. Wow... life does imitate art doesn't it? New Orleans got hit with Katrina... then they got hit with tornados... Call it coincidence if it makes you feel better.
My eyes grow heavier as I sit up late and type this.
"People should not fear their government; the government should fear their people".
Will this blog have the FBI or CIA tracking me down? I hope so. If free speech is a valid trait in the US then this blog should simply be a blip on the radar.
"I lick shots at the brutal charade
As the polls close like a casket
On truth devoured
A Silent play in the shadow of power
A spectacle monopolized
The camera's eyes on choice disguised
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil
It has to start somewhere It has to start sometime
What better place than here, what better time than now?"
-Rage Against the Machine-
This post is ridiculously sporadic. Yet I hope my thoughts have not been too jarring as to be lost on my 4.7 faithful readers. We need a collective conscious that agrees on something. Be together on something. Be for or against it all together.
Go see Apocalypse Now. Then criticize the war.
-it is what it is-
-joshua-
Thursday, February 15, 2007
-apocalypse wow-
near or around
6:19 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment