sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

old souls

Wow...last night at Target I finally realized that I may have finally reached a point in my life when I can no longer really consider myself 'young'.

It came upon me like an epiphany.

After dinner last night my wonderful wife and I decided to venture out into some of the pre-Christmas madness (see previous posts) and pick up a few items at Wal-Mart. We needed (and these are the exact things that we went for) hangers, one lightbulb, one little audio cable for my car, and Christmas cards. Yup, that's its. In all its glory, we visited Wal-Mart.

Wal-Mart didn't have what we needed. I know, hard to understand. How does the word's biggest discount store not have hangers?

So we went to visit Wal-Mart's cousin: Target.

We finally got our four items and Amy realized we needed a couple of cleaning things for our quaint little apartment.

Here's when the realization began.

We needed a new mop. There was a time when I could go months without saying the word mop; here I was purchasing a new one.

And some bathroom cleaner. (This is the clincher)

Amy reads aloud in the aisle

"Cleans soap scum, hard water, calcium deposits, and so much more!"


Talk about a wild night.

No comments: