............welcome to my world...........
I was sitting in class last nite and my professor made a comment in passing concerning the absolute abuse of language. As a studen of English myself I was forced to examine and decipher exactly what he meant by such a comment. "Words mean things". I think that was one of Rush Limbaugh undeniable truths (you needn't like him to appreciate that phrase).
Words do mean things and in the society that we all live in we are overcome with the abuse and corruption of language. On the internet, where you gentle reader, are reading this blog, spelling and proper grammar has become arbitrary and almost a thing of the past. When did the spelling, vocabulary, and proper punctuation that was a staple of intelligence evaporate?
Are we a society of LOL, ROFL, TTYL, J/K, and TTFN? Or r we a bnch of ppl who cant type str8 NE Wayz? Y is this kewl 4 ppl to do?
Even as I strive to lower my standards for typing those few sentences my head hurts.
"You'll LOVE this new vacuum cleaner!" Love? I was under the impression that love was an emotion share between two individual, primarily a man and a woman yet it seems to have taken on a life of its own. "I HATE school". No you don't. It may frustrate and annoy yet hate is a word that has the true meaning of something far more sinister.
In all the above rambling I am merely attempting to convey that words do mean things and people need to realize that the general babble and ramblings that they consider meaningful conversation are simple a distraction from making an attempt to communicate instead of just making a temporary connection.
Words mean things.
"In the beginning was the Word".
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
let it reign.........
near or around
6:04 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment