sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Thursday, July 5, 2007

freedom...

So, day after Independence Day and I've been doing some... contemplating.

Freedom is what it is yet what is freedom?

"Freedom is not enough"
~Lyndon B. Johnson

We, in America, claim to be free. We have cell phones, myspace, facebook, ebay, google, youtube, and email.

We've got American Idol, Deal or No Deal, House, Grey's Anatomy, Big Love, and (used to have) Sopranos.

WE HAVE NO DEFINING CHARACTERISTICS AT ALL EXCEPT MATERIALISM.

And that's not much.

We're losing our national identity. We're mindless. The government is in a state of disarray and WE ARE SIMPLY SITTING BY. Do you know how Nazi Germany came to be? No one wanted to be the first to help their neighbors or themself.

Nazi soldiers and Nazi police attacked and arrested countless numbers of people for speaking otu against the government.

Isnt' that what's happening in the US? Why did we go into WWII to stop communism only in turn to allow it to fester and breed here in America? WE'RE A NATION OF HYPOCRITES.

I'm writing. That's what I'm doing. I have no other weapon that can combat the madness.

Here I normally insert -it is what it is-




.......but it doesn't have to be.

-joshua

No comments: