sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Friday, July 8, 2011

Hello Again

Good evening. It has been a while. A very long time. Much has happened between last time and now.

I've bought a house. Got a new job. Became a father. Those things are certainly not listed in any particular order of importance.

But life is changing--as it is known to do--every single day.

Let me return to fatherhood. It is amazing. It is certainly the most rewarding and most challenging role I've ever had to take on in my life.

Watching my son learn and become a person serves as a reminder of how entertaining and inspiring life can be. Everyday is a holiday, every moment and adventure, every taste a journey into the unknown.

My wife has taken up blogging. Which I'm very proud of. She's very witty--and a great story teller. She writes about the good, the fun and the smelly parts of being a Mom. Find her at www.MoMentousjourney.blogspot.com.

I'm writing some poetry again. It has been a ridiculously long time since any rhymes came to me. It was refreshing and frightening at the same time. I wasn't sure I could whip words like I used to write.

I even wrote one that didn't rhyme. I'm proud of me. How bout it.

But--the words are coming back again. I don't know why they left or what's changed. But they are coming back and I'm trying to let them just pour out of me.

This is the most I've even thought about writing in a damn long time. There's a therapeutical feeling that comes from the methodic clicking and pacing of the keys as I lay in bed and type these words. 26 strangely shaped designs scattered haphazardly across this keyboard gives me the tool I need to express myself. Sometimes I stutter when I talk. I never stutter when I type.

Maybe that's why I started writing anyway? I could never verbalize out loud what I wanted to say--my voice would choke or my tongue would twist but when written... when written my words took on their own strength and my clumsy vocals would not impede on the words I wanted to say.

Yes. Yes indeed. The words are back. I could type all nite.

My lovely wife is next to me breathing peacefully. She has lovingly said nothing about the noise or the light but I know I am keeping her from her rest. Because she loves me she lets me type and because i love her I will stop--at least for tonite.

I missed you words.

Hello Again.

-jps

No comments: