sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Saturday, March 24, 2007

RIP Popa

People do not die for us immediately, but remain bathed in a sort of aura
of life which bears no relation to true immortality but through which they
continue to occupy our thoughts in the same way as when they were alive.
It is as though they were traveling abroad. ~Marcel Proust


It's gonna be one of those weekends... one of those that you wish you didn't have to deal with; you find yourself looking for a spell to cast to take away the pain.

Amy's granpa is near the end of the line. It's only a matter of time and they're really expecting it to happen this weekend. I'm not sure what to make of it.

He's a good man; when I say 'good man' I mean a man of character and faith and hard work.
Popa has been there for Amy and I, especially for Amy.
It's hard to say good-bye to someone for the last time.

I've been to too many funerals for people I know and care about. The difference is I never got that chance to say good-bye. For my faithful 8.3 readers, say a prayer and think of us over the weekend.

Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The Carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality
~Emily Dickinson

No comments: