sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

well

Ridiculously disappointed that no one read my previous post--at least no one commented. I put it on Facebook and it caused a firestorm. Yes indeed.

I'm feeling more at peace with myself lately--maybe it's because I'm writing more. It was always my drug--kind of how booze is for some. If I don't write I become crotchety, manic, out of balance... it's a weird thing.

My writings for the paper--video game reviews--are being received well. I hope so anyway. And I'm getting down with allpoetry.com.

That being said... I did write a poem I'm proud of--not that I'm not proud of them all--but at least a new one that I like a lot.

Indeed.

Memory of Song

Forsaking faith, no confession for the priest
Truth is—music doth sooth the savage beast
At least—for me, my soul is soothed with song
The lyrical writing righting every single wrong

The laid back tracks with bass beats that break
A high hat—a cymbal—a sick riff—is all it takes
To ease the pain from a late nite lovers strife
To force the hand to fail that holds the fatal knife

Our life—never written—for better or worse
We all sing our own song—every single verse
So with tomorrow’s mic still hanging in our face
Sing with abandon—for our amazing grace

Our souls need saving—but it’s not always faith
Sometimes its only the piano—just a spiritual taste
Our mind responded—aroused by the sound
Still hear the hook no matter how far turned down

So the beat break, the cymbals still crash
Each note just another link to our past
Every fading chorus just another lost sorrow
And the memory of song intro to tomorrow.

-jps

No comments: