sheltons

sheltons
-four boys-

word reign

welcome to my blog..... it means nothing and is nothing... it is what it is..... hope everyone enjoys these late nite musing and ravings. Word Reign (Rain) let the words just fall down like rain. some sort of paradox i think... at least that's what i was going for. welcome to my world. it is what it is

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

sometimes it comes back

Things you do, that is.

As some of you know, I was a teacher. 8th grade Language Arts. Nothing amazing, nothing special, just another teacher working the teaching gig...

It sucked. Well, I lie. Some of it sucked. Some of it was super rewarding. There's nothing like knowing you have an audience for at least 5 hours out of the day for your subject of choice.

When you see a student's mind just soaking up information or read something they wrote and know that you helped guide them to that exact point... it's wonderful.

There are some students that I won't forget. One girl in homeroom could never make it to school on time... chronically 5 minutes late... but a brilliant student. Another kid who was ADHD to the extreme but probably the smartest kid in the school--the only kid to score perfect on the quarterly exam.

I say all that to tell this. I never realized how much I may have changed them until today.

At the old school where I taught at (three year ago, let's not forget that) the assistant principal told my mothere that she got to work early to find a piece of paper stuck in the door with something writting on it. In typical teenage writing it said

'JOSH SHELTON RULES'

-it is what it is-

-joshua

No comments: